4 Months – PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP with Bruno Boudjelal & Thomas Doubliez
Workshop Tutors – Bruno Boudjelal & Thomas Doubliez
From September 2015 to January 2016
The four first weekends of each month as a group will alternate with four individual meeting in the middle of the month.
The first week of July 2015 a group show with the finished work will be organized at the Galerie du Pont Neuf.
This long-term workshop will give each participant the possibility of developing a personal project, supported and advised at each step of its development:
The pertinence of the initial portfolio, in regards to the construction of the project/
The definition and identification of it/The first images of the project/The relationship between the taking and the nature of the subject/The editing/The photographic result
Each month, Bruno Boudjelal and Thomas Doubliez will organize a meeting with a key actor in the photography field. This will help facilitate access to the following photographic fields: media, editing, critic, and photography institutions
[ Particularity of the workshop ]
- Long-term workshop
- Meeting with a photo expert each month
- Group show at Gallery-T in Paris 9th arrondissement.
[ Who is suitable for this workshop? ]
This workshop is open to everyone; professionals, amateurs or students, with differing motivations. Even if the goal of this workshop is to allow the elaboration of a personal project, the project will, none the less, also be collective with the organization of a group exhibit.
- Professional photographers: for those who want to think about their photography, to question themselves. This workshop will be a place of exchange of ideas, of debates and shaping of new proposals.
- Students, to discuss their photo project in order to better define it, to prepare their entry into professional life, to prepare portfolios for scholarships or competitions.This workshop should help give meaning and form to their work.
- Amateurs, the wish to better your skills, confront professionals, question your relationship to the world through photography or simply the desire to exchange with others about your passion.
[ Workshop program ]
- Portfolio, analysis and pertinence in regards to the construction of your project
- The definition and identification of the project
- The relationship between the taking and the nature of the subject .
- Form /Photographic series, slide show or book dummy
- Group show
[ Bio of tutors ]
A frenchman of Algerian origin, member of VU’ agency, Paris. He uses photography as a way of life, constantly questioning his own identity and confronting us with ours .He organizes exhibitions, events, discovers and presents new talents, plays with official appearances, opening doors to many unknown visual talents who have no status. He organizes a whole series of workshops for the Photographic Meetings of Bamako.
He is represented by the TD Gallery in Paris and the Michael Stevenson Gallery in South Africa.
Founder of TD Gallery and curator (Arles, Month of Photography in Paris) he headed the press department of Magnum agency in Paris from 1990 to 1999 before developing from 2000 to 2012 the international press and the special projects of VU agency, Paris. As such he notably created the workshops of the agency VU ‘
[ 4 Months Photography Workshop
with Bruno Boudjelal & Thomas Doubliez ]
- 26 – 27 September 2015 | 10:00 – 18:00
Guest: editorial photo director
- 24 – 25 October 2015 | 10:00 – 18:00
Guest: expert from photo institutions
- 21 – 22 November 2015 | 10:00 – 18:00
Guest: book publisher
- 19 – 20 December 2015 | 10:00 – 18:00
Guest: photo critic
- 26 – 30 January 2016
Exhibition at Galerie-T, Paris 09
29 rue de Trévise, 75009, Paris
*30 minutes individual session on October 10th, November 8th, December 6th, 2015 and January 9th, 2016
>Workshop location: 34, rue Dussoubs 75002 Paris – France
>Gallery exhibition: 23, Place Dauphine 75001 Paris-France
>Group limited to 15 people
>Inquiries: contact email@example.com for any question.